Collaborative Culture Scholarship
Since BluShark Digital’s inception, collaboration has been at the core of its mission and success. We operate an open office space where employees and different departments are able to mingle amongst one another. When companies began transitioning to remote work due to COVID-19, this was a huge shift for us, not necessarily due to the nature of our work but because of our very social company culture.
At BluShark Digital, we believed it would be incredibly important to remain just as close of a community through this challenging time. Virtual meetings via Zoom became the new norm for a lot of people. Our company started introducing virtual “coworker coffee” meetings, monthly digital yoga sessions, and what we call virtual ‘Friendship Fridays,’ where we all join Zoom and play online games, have a happy hour, or have an agency-wide training. We even started attending trivia outdoors! While those may all be fun ways to connect, collaboration plays a huge role in our day-to-day work as well. Throughout every project we work on, we are constantly bouncing ideas off each other and collectively reinventing and challenging the status quo. All of our departments are interconnected and one couldn’t exist or grow without the other!
The isolation from the pandemic caused many to experience a sense of loneliness, so it was important to make our employees feel connected to each other during such a scary and uncertain time.
Working collaboratively positively impacts individuals; not only their work performance, but also their mental health. This is something we recognized early on.
We are thrilled to offer a scholarship that highlights the importance of collaboration and what it means for the community. We are looking forward to learning how students have been able to work with others to achieve their goals. Students should share an example of a time they worked on a project in their community or in school where they had to collaborate with a professor, company/organization, or peer group. We would like to hear about the creative strategies you implemented in order to best complete the project.
This is a $1,000 scholarship award. We are now accepting applications for this scholarship until November 30, 2022. Please review the below eligibility requirements as well as the application process.
- The scholarship is open to any current high school senior, vocational student, college student, or graduate student who is a legal resident of the United States residing in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia and is enrolled in a vocational program or two to five-year post-secondary institution for the Spring 2023 semester.
- BluShark Digital, LLC employees, their immediate families (parent, child, sibling, and spouse), and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- Candidates should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher and good academic standing.
- The candidate must submit a 750-1000 word essay response to how you collaborated with someone on a project, what that project was, and your project outcome.
- The candidate must submit a professional resumé that lists their experience, both professional and academic.
- The candidate must submit a transcript from their current school. First-year college students, graduate students, or individuals who have recently transferred schools may submit an unofficial transcript from their current school, as well as the most recent official transcript from their prior school. High school students must also submit proof of acceptance to their college or university.
BluShark Digital will choose the recipient of the Collaborative Culture Scholarship during the month following the scholarship deadline.
Application Deadline and Instructions:
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must email their complete application (including the essay, resumé, and transcript) to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2022. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
Students should send scholarship applications with the subject line “BluShark Digital – Collaborative Culture Scholarship Application.”
Please send any questions to email@example.com as well.