Google Asks Employees to Help Improve Its AI chatbot, Bard
After the release of its newest AI chatbot, Bard, Google asked its employees to help improve the bot by fixing and rewriting its bad responses.
This comes after the chatbot received negative feedback from industry leaders and the general public alike. The executives at Google understand that Bard hasn’t been the most accurate in its responses to queries and are urging their staffers to help test the AI and fix it.
Testing and Fixing Bard
Prabhakar Raghavan, Google’s senior vice president, asked employees in an email to help rewrite any inadequate responses from Bard and included a list of dos and don’ts for testing the AI.
Under the list of dos, employees were instructed to:
- “Keep responses polite, casual, and approachable.”
- “Respond in the first person.”
- “Maintain an un-opinionated, neutral tone.”
Under the list of don’ts were the following instructions:
- “Avoid making presumptions based on race, nationality, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, political ideology, location, or similar categories.”
- “Don’t describe Bard as a person, imply emotion, or claim to have human-like experiences.”
- Don’t rewrite answers that offer “legal, medical, financial advice” or anything that sounds hateful or abusive; instead, give a “thumbs down.”
Why It Matters
The overwhelmingly positive reception of ChatGPT had many companies, including Google, scrambling to recreate OpenAI’s success with their own AI technology. Since the introduction to Bard was generally negatively received, Google is doing what it can to fix its version of ChatGPT. It’s crucial to stay up-to-date with the newest AI aspects and trends in the industry and know how they can affect the future of search.
Connect With Blushark Digital For More Information
In an industry that is constantly evolving and introducing new ideas to the table, it’s important to work with experienced SEO professionals and stay on top of trends. At BluShark Digital, our knowledgeable team strives to help you stay informed of the latest trends and industry news and understand how they can affect your business. Contact us today to learn more about SEO and how we can help you build a bigger presence online.